Connect an Android 4.0+ phone/tablet to Ubuntu, the reliable way

Around a year ago, I wrote this handy-dandy article on OMG! Ubuntu!. While that method worked perfectly for the first few months, changes in libmtp, mtpfs and Ubuntu’s fuse libraries have made that method unreliable and buggy.

And very slow too, that is, if you managed to get the thing working.

So here’s another way to connect an Android device to Ubuntu, which, to much surprise, actually works (woohoo!). Instead of mtpfs, you’ll be using the amazing go-mtpfs library. Just run these commands to install go-mtpfs:

sudo apt-get install golang fuse git-core libmtp-dev libfuse-dev
sudo adduser $USER fuse
mkdir /tmp/go
GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
sudo mv /tmp/go/bin/go-mtpfs /usr/bin/
mkdir ~/MyAndroid

Now, go-mtpfs is installed. To mount your Android device, run these commands:

go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &

Voila! Your device’s contents can now be found at the MyAndroid folder in your home directory. If you belong to the “everything must be unmounted safely” tribe (like I do), then here’s your birthday present unmounting command:

fusermount -u ~/MyAndroid

That’s it! Not very simple, but it’s not like you’ll be able to find a more reliable method, can you?

91 thoughts on “Connect an Android 4.0+ phone/tablet to Ubuntu, the reliable way

1. I couldn’t wait to try this out, until I received this.

john@thinkndev:~$ export GOPATH=/tmp/go
    john@thinkndev:~$ go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
    # github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
    mtp.go:16:20: fatal error: libmtp.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    john@thinkndev:~$

The compilation wasn’t successful. How can I fix this?

1. Except, not everyone is aware of the risks of SSH. Also, there are security risks of keeping a port open. And some phones might block opening ports.

1. Hi Skomli,
      Please help, let me know?
      I just installed the packages & on Ubuntu that was running on virtual box on my windows. I installed the USBTest app on my Google nexus S, And just connect both with usb. But nothing happen on both.. :(
      I am not sure what can i do.. Is there any think i do for communicating with both?
      Please tell me the process How you did please….?

Thank you..

2. Bilal, I get this error:

$ 2012/12/09 23:15:15 compiled against libmtp 1.1.3
    Device 0 (VID=18d1 and PID=4ee1) is UNKNOWN.
    Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
    2012/12/09 23:15:15 device unknown: unknown (18d1:4ee1) @ bus 1, dev 6

1. Seems like libmtp 1.1.3 does not support your device. You’ll have to use a newer version of libmtp.

Download it from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmtp/files/libmtp/1.1.5/libmtp-1.1.5.tar.gz/download

Extract it, then inside it’s directory, run these commands:
      sudo apt-get build-dep libmtp
      ./configure –prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install
      sudo rm -f /usr/bin/go-mtpfs
      mkdir /tmp/go
      GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
      sudo mv /tmp/go/bin/go-mtpfs /usr/bin/
      mkdir ~/MyAndroid

Then try running the go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid again. Should work now.

1. Those are actually two hyphens, like this: – - (without the space in between them). WordPress autocorrected it to a single long dash.

1. after this command iget this error what to do?
        ./configure –prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install
        configure: error: invalid variable name: `–prefix’

3. Actually if you switch your device to connect using PTP mode, gvfs-photo2 manages to mount it, and you can transfer stuff to and from your phone without any issues. You can even transfer music in using Banshee, but existing music gets detected as “Other”

1. PTP has been very spotty for me on Quantal. Gvfs often fails to mount my phone when it’s connected using PTP, and only 1 out of every three times I try connecting my phone using PTP, it works.

Go-mtpfs, on the other hand, has been really reliable.

2. not the case with all situations. ptp mode was so slow i quit after waiting 5 minutes. tried again a few times and ust gave up. go-mtp is the best solution for anyone connecting via usb to their android. air droid is ok but not much good if you arent online.

4. Any idea why I’m getting:

/bin/fusermount: mountpoint is not empty
    /bin/fusermount: if you are sure this is safe, use the ‘nonempty’ mount option
    2012/12/17 13:31:41 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256
    nonempty: command not found

1. The MyAndroid folder in your home directory is not empty. Mount points should always be empty. Create a new directory, like AndroidPhone or something in your home directory then try running the go-mtpfs command again:

go-mtpfs AndroidPhone &

5. Hey, anyone managed to get this working for a S3 with Jellybean? Using libmtp 1.1.5, my phone screen unlocked and getting this error:

mguillech@mguillech-laptop:~$ 2012/12/19 18:54:41 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
    Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung GT P7310/P7510/N7000/I9070/I9100/I9300 Galaxy Tab 7.7/10.1/S2/S3/Nexus/Note/Y.
    2012/12/19 18:54:41 device Samsung: GT P7310/P7510/N7000/I9070/I9100/I9300 Galaxy Tab 7.7/10.1/S2/S3/Nexus/Note/Y (04e8:6860) @ bus 2, dev 8

mguillech@mguillech-laptop:~$ PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
    LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
    inep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): No data available
    outep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): No data available
    usb_clear_halt() on IN endpoint: Protocol error
    usb_clear_halt() on OUT endpoint: Protocol error
    usb_clear_halt() on INTERRUPT endpoint: Protocol error
    ignoring usb_claim_interface = -99LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
    2012/12/19 18:55:41 rdev.open: open: open returned nil

[1]+ Exit 1 go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid

1. Other people on the comments of this post are reporting similar messages with new Samsung devices.

It’s most likely a bug with libmtp, since the error messages aren’t coming from go-mtpfs, but instead from libmtp. Would be great if you filed a bug on the libmtp project page. You might want to give a slightly older version of libmtp (1.1.4) a try to see if the newer one broke something, but I doubt if it will help. Your best bet is to file the bug and wait for the devs to fix it (in usual cases, it shouldn’t take long, the libmtp devs are quite prompt).

2. I got a similar error with my SG3. I think they key was to unmount the device wrt gnome/gphoto2. I tried again after that and it worked.

6. Nothing happen
    mohammad@mohammad-OptiPlex-390:~$ go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 10055
    mohammad@mohammad-OptiPlex-390:~$ 2012/12/20 12:00:27 compiled against libmtp 1.1.4
    2012/12/20 12:00:27 device Samsung: GT P7310/P7510/N7000/I9070/I9100/I9300 Galaxy Tab 7.7/10.1/S2/S3/Nexus/Note/Y (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 5

7. Thanks – this works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet allowing access to both the internal memory and the SD card. Previously, only the Calibre e-book reader was able to access it, and it still can.

I do get an “Error” on the first line saying “Error: Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading.” but it doesn’t seem to disable the operation at all. I tried creating this file, but then I got an error “Error: Unable to read MTPZ public exponent from ~/.mtpz-data“, which also didn’t seem to hurt anything. Any idea what this “error” is?

8. No luck either on Galaxy Nexus.

[2] 20711
    dsg@dsgthink:~$ 2012/12/30 09:28:48 compiled against libmtp 1.1.4
    Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=685c) is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S i9000/i9250, Android 4.0 updates.
    2012/12/30 09:28:48 device Samsung: Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S i9000/i9250, Android 4.0 updates (04e8:685c) @ bus 1, dev 14
    Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
    2012/12/30 09:28:48 storage ID 65537: Internal storage
    2012/12/30 09:28:48 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs462418802
    /bin/fusermount: failed to open /etc/fuse.conf: Permission denied
    /bin/fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /home/dsg/MyAndroid: Permission denied
    2012/12/30 09:28:48 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256

1. SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

MOUNTING AS PER YOUR HOWTO – regular user:

me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ go-mtpfs /media/MyAndroid
      2013/06/25 12:47:11 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
      Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
      2013/06/25 12:47:11 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 17
      2013/06/25 12:47:11 storage ID 65537: Phone
      2013/06/25 12:47:11 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs478469725
      /bin/fusermount: failed to open /etc/fuse.conf: Permission denied
      /bin/fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /media/MyAndroid: Permission denied
      2013/06/25 12:47:11 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$

MOUNTING AS PER YOUR HOWTO – superuser:

me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ sudo go-mtpfs /media/MyAndroid
      2013/06/25 12:47:31 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
      Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
      2013/06/25 12:47:31 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 17
      2013/06/25 12:47:31 storage ID 65537: Phone
      2013/06/25 12:47:31 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs716631889
      2013/06/25 12:47:31 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$

Then I created folder ~/AndroidPhone

MOUNTING AS PER YOUR ADVICE IN COMMENTS – regular user:

me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ go-mtpfs AndroidPhone &
      [1] 3098
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ 2013/06/25 12:40:35 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
      Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
      2013/06/25 12:40:35 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 17
      2013/06/25 12:40:35 storage ID 65537: Phone
      2013/06/25 12:40:35 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs209718241
      /bin/fusermount: failed to open /etc/fuse.conf: Permission denied
      2013/06/25 12:40:35 starting FUSE unknown

MOUNTING AS PER YOUR ADVICE IN COMMENTS – superuser:

me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ sudo go-mtpfs AndroidPhone &
      [2] 3106
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ 2013/06/25 12:40:49 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
      Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
      2013/06/25 12:40:49 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 17
      2013/06/25 12:40:49 storage ID 65537: Phone
      2013/06/25 12:40:49 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs723093278
      /bin/fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /home/prawns/AndroidPhone: Permission denied
      2013/06/25 12:40:49 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256

[2]+ Exit 1 sudo go-mtpfs AndroidPhone

and

me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ sudo go-mtpfs /home/me/AndroidPhone &
      [2] 3110
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$ 2013/06/25 12:41:00 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
      Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung Galaxy models (MTP).
      2013/06/25 12:41:00 found device Samsung: Galaxy models (MTP) (04e8:6860) @ bus 1, dev 17
      2013/06/25 12:41:00 storage ID 65537: Phone
      2013/06/25 12:41:00 backing data /tmp/go-mtpfs872635770
      2013/06/25 12:41:00 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256

[2]+ Exit 1 sudo go-mtpfs ~/AndroidPhone
      me@myubuntu_12.04:~$

Any ideas?

9. Thank you very much! Works fine for my Sony Xperia tipo. Wondering why not include this package in Ubuntu by default? It would be helpful for any Android user and avoid the hassle of searching the method of accessing the Android phones. Also, being a Linux variant why Android devices left behind from Linux/Ubuntu community for auto mount methods?

10. I’m getting this error message with my Galaxy Nexus. Maybe I’m missing something?

Error: Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading.
    2013/01/07 20:44:15 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
    2013/01/07 20:44:15 no device found. Try replugging it.

1. Open the notification shade when the cable is connected, and change the connection type to PTP and then back to MTP. Then try running the command again. I’ve seen, this simple trick often makes the device visible to the system again.

11. Hi!
    I compiled with libmtm 1.1.5, but my device (LG Optimus L5) is still not recognized.

I’ve got this errors:
    2013/01/09 18:08:58 compiled against libmtp 1.1.5
    Device 0 (VID=1004 and PID=631c) is UNKNOWN.
    Please report this VID/PID and the device model to the libmtp development team
    2013/01/09 18:08:58 found device unknown: unknown (1004:631c) @ bus 2, dev 3
    LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
    Android device detected, assigning default bug flags
    2013/01/09 18:09:20 No storages found. Try unlocking the device.

What do they mean?

12. finally a method that actually works, thanks!
    but why all those “ancient” problems with parallel transfer and “hiccups”, broken copies, etc…?

13. I can’t get this to work. The instructions work fine but when I try to access my nexus 7 from ubuntu 12.04, e.g. sudo ls ~/MyAndroid, I get:
    Internal storage
    I have tried changing to PTP and I can then acces my photos but when I switch back to MTP, nothing.
    Do I Do I have to root my nexus?

14. I am getting this error..

013/02/06 17:31:50 detect failed: ambiguous devices: SAMSUNG SAMSUNG_Android 4df1a7b65c6f9ff9, SAMSUNG SAMSUNG_Android 4df1a7b65c6f9ff9

What to do?
    Ty

15. Works perfectly, thanks a lot

media folder in ~/LGe400L3
    commands:
    in: go-mtpfs LGe400L3/
    out: fusermount -u /home/amedeo/LGe400L3
    LG Optimus L3 e400, Kubuntu 12.10 3.5.0-25-generic #39-Ubuntu x86_64

16. Hello,

I am newby in Android, using a Samsung 3G Tablet 10.1 (GT-N8000). I followed all steps, but now I am getting:

$ go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid
    2013/03/14 12:25:29 selectStorages failed: EOF

also
    $ lsusb
    shows
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9100 Phone [Galaxy S II]

It is there! All I am want is an easy way to transfer photos and videos taken with the tablet to my desktop PC (Ubuntu 12.04)

Any ideas?

17. Bump…
    After restart the computer, Samsung is mounted and I can see all folders, but no files (all folders are shown as empty). I tried the command again:
    $ go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 2906

but after a while the error message changed:
    silveira@trabalho:~$ 2013/03/14 12:38:02 OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT; attempting reset

18. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking
    about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

19. i get this output on writing “go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &”

user@laptop:~$ 2013/04/01 23:42:25 OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO; attempting reset
    2013/04/01 23:42:26 Configure failed: OpenSession after reset: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

and then it just stops there and nothing happens..

20. I get an error trying to mount, I tried the mount command with and without the “&”, thus:

matt@matt-netbook:~/Desktop$ sudo go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid
    [sudo] password for matt:
    2013/04/10 20:17:58 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256
    matt@matt-netbook:~/Desktop$ sudo go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 6837
    matt@matt-netbook:~/Desktop$ /bin/fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /home/matt/MyAndroid: Permission denied
    2013/04/10 20:18:31 mount failed: fusermount exited with code 256

Any ideas?

21. I receive the following error:
    libusb_open() failed!: Permission denied
    LIBMTP PANIC: Unable to initialize device
    2013/04/28 20:42:06 rdev.open failed: open: open returned nil

Any idea what to do?

22. Sorry Buddy, everything was going okay, untill I reached here…
    Can you please help me out?
    Thanks for your note. Have a nice time and take care.
    Hug and love.
    Ashoke
    ——————————————-
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ sudo adduser $USER fuse
    The user `ashoke’ is already a member of `fuse’.
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ mkdir /tmp/go
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/go’: File exists
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ sudo mv /tmp/go/bin/go-mtpfs /usr/bin/
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ mkdir ~/MyAndroid
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 11057
    ashoke@ashoke-desktop:~$ 2013/05/03 23:22:21 OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO; attempting reset
    2013/05/03 23:22:28 Configure failed: OpenSession after reset: LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT

1. I had the same problem:

While the Android device is on I pulled the USB cable from the computer and plugged it back in. It was then recognized and showed up as Android.

What can I say, it worked.

Ric

23. When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the plan of a user in
    his/her mind that how a user can understand it. Thus that’s why this piece of writing is outstdanding. Thanks!

24. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
    I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in
    future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

25. Was able to overcome “OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO; attempting reset” error, by marking “Do Nothing” for removal media. I guess, still the Nautils is holding on to the mobile device and not allowing go-mtfs to mount the device.

system settings–> Details –> Removable Media (on the left pane) –> Music Player & photos (Select “Do Nothing”).

Hope this helps.

1. Did you ever get a reply to your query or find a solution to the problem? I have exactly the same error:

2013/10/29 07:18:14 detect failed: no MTP devices found

26. I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours nowadays, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely price enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet will probably be much more useful than ever before.

27. Fantastic tip! I was using the “old” way for several days before getting so frustrated that I searched again. Found your blog entry quickly and it worked really well – very clear instructions. Like others, I had to unlock the device and plug in again after doing all the installs to avoid the “OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO; attempting reset” error. Also happy to say this worked fine on an encrypted device.

28. I like the valuable information you supply in your
    articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more right here regularly. I’m rather sure I’ll be told a lot of new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!

29. Hi,

Everything looked good til near the very end, when I got the msg:
    “ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    N: Ignoring file ‘libmtp-1.1.1.tar.gz’ in directory ‘/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/’ as it has an invalid filename extension
    N: Ignoring ‘libmtp-1.1.1′ in directory ‘/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/’ as it is not a regular file”

Then when I tried to m ount I got “jrh@jrh-Aspire-5750:~$ go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 14454
    jrh@jrh-Aspire-5750:~$ go-mtpfs: command not found”

I’m trying to mount a Nexus 10 running Android 4.3 to an Acer laptop running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

30. Hello,

I had the same LIBUSB_ERROR_IO thing. But the device, “Xperia” in my case showed up in the nautilus side pane. My files are not in the ‘~/MyAndroid folder’ but I am able to view the files by going to the ‘Xperia’ in the devices thing.It is very buggy, my Nautilus hangs up most of the time I do it this way. Is it alright if I continue this way, or should I look for a fix?

PS: I am using ubuntu 13.04 with nautilus 3.6.3

Thanks in advance :-)

31. Actually, you can easily unlock android with fastandroidunlocks.com
    Simply super effective. Easiest layout, quick response time, and so far a 100% customer satisfaction rate!
    Check out fastandroidunlocks.com for unlock android | android unlock

32. Unlock Android at FastAndroidUnlocks.com
    Like the name, they’re FAST! I mean FAST!! Unlock android within 12 hours or less!
    You can’t beat that! No one else provides the service for free either!
    Look them up today!
    FastAndroidUnlocks.com

33. It all depends on the individual and how much time
    they are willing to put in. Other user can easily acquire you and recommends the offers to their
    friends. Google’s Matt Cutts released a video today talking
    about the new disavow links tool.

34. Followed the steps above, all OK until :-

udev 1939520 4 1939516 1% /dev
      tmpfs 391256 852 390404 1% /run
      none 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock
      none 1956280 256 1956024 1% /run/shm
      none 102400 12 102388 1% /run/user
      mtpfs 26732796 1383880 25348916 6% /media/MTPdevice

Then checked with Dolphin and hey presto! Its there.

35. Okay here is my dumb question:

sudo apt-get install golang fuse git-core libmtp-dev libfuse-dev
    sudo adduser $USER fuse
    mkdir /tmp/go
    GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
    sudo mv /tmp/go/bin/go-mtpfs /usr/bin/
    mkdir ~/MyAndroid

the GOPATH?? where is that placed as a command? I don’t understand it?

and when I try and export GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs

it errors out and says github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs not a valid identifier ??

Dolan

I am a newbie, but I know more than most. Just not all the programming/shell of it

36. okay I read/looked in the commands more and figured it, I mounted it, but got this:

go-mtpfs ~/MyAndroid &
    [1] 7151
    dolan@groceryreceipts:~$ 2013/10/27 23:30:49 OpenSession failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT; attempting reset
    2013/10/27 23:30:50 Configure failed: opening after reset: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE

37. another error message pops up in the GUI:

Unable to mount SAMSUNG_Android_SCH-I535

then some wording with the last words of

Could Not Lock The Device

38. I am able to use this only in super user mode.
    I have to do a
    sudo su
    go-mtpfs ./Android/

Otherwise it complains that it does not find any android device.
    I added myself to the fuse group.

39. Besides, you can have an external keyboard, which can be connected via Bluetooth.

Many thanks as we hoped for a longeterm business relationships.
    The application has over blown visualizations many times.
    In fact, the i – Phone is brought up in nearly every smart phone review and
    every Android phone announcement.

Take a look at my webpage – youtube video

40. Mounting Android devices works only with internal SD card, if external SD Card is present then mounting fails.

If you have also external SD Card plugged in then please try removing it and then mounting again.

41. My OS is Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS & installed with the latest go-mtpfs package from ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 repository

go-mtpfs run fine in terminal to access my Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone. The same scripts are used in the udev rule:-
    —————————————————
    ACTION==”add”, SUBSYSTEM==”usb”, ATTR{idVendor}==”04e8″, ATTR{idProduct}==”6860″, ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}==”811f75d6″, SYMLINK+=”SamGalS4″, MODE=”0666″, RUN+=”/bin/bash -c ‘touch /tmp/samgals4;/usr/bin/go-mtpfs -allow-other=true /media/MyAndroid &’”

ACTION==”remove”, SUBSYSTEM==”usb”, ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}==”811f75d6″, RUN+=”/bin/bash -c ‘pkill go-mtpfs; fusermount -u /media/MyAndroid; rm /tmp/samgals4′”
    —————————————————

udev ACTION==”add” is triggered after I plugged in the phone by:-
    ls /media/MyAndroid; ls /dev/Sam*; ls /tmp/sam*
    /dev/SamGalS4 <— trigger by SYMLINK+=
    /tmp/samgals4 <— trigger by RUN+=

udev ACTION=="remove" is triggered after I unplugged in the phone by:-
    ls /media/MyAndroid; ls /dev/Sam*; ls /tmp/sam*
    ls: cannot access /dev/Sam*: No such file or directory <— trigger by action
    ls: cannot access /tmp/sam*: No such file or directory <— trigger by RUN+=

The problem I'm facing is go-mtpfs is not executed by RUN+= for unknown reason.
    ls /media/MyAndroid <— did not display anything

I confirmed udev rule trigger & the script is working fine by running the same script in terminal after I plugged in the phone:-
    /bin/bash -c 'touch /tmp/samgals4;/usr/bin/go-mtpfs -allow-other=true /media/MyAndroid &'

ls /media/MyAndroid; ls /dev/Sam*; ls /tmp/sam*